I was trying to be very diplomatic and sentimental and make everyone open their gift one at a time. Jonathan got a little antsy and tried to move the process along by opening my gift for me. I lovingly told him, "Back off, bub. Why don't you take some pictures or something?"
Friday, November 23, 2007
Thanks and Giving
We celebrated Josiah's first Thanksgiving yesterday. Jonathan and I were thankful that we have family nearby, and we didn't have to travel for the big day. We were also thankful that the Moseleys drove down to celebrate and that Jonathan was able to get off work early in the day, so he could eat with everybody. But most of all this year, we were grateful to have our little boy!
We had the big meal at Jonathan's aunt and uncle's who live here in Birmingham. His grandparents and all of his cousins on this side were there as well. We were missing David and Amy though!
Josiah really enjoyed his first Thanksgiving meal as you can see below. He slept through the whole thing!

Josiah with Caroline. Technically our cousins are Josiah's first cousins once removed, but it feels like he should call them aunt or uncle. But I call my mother's first cousins by their first names only. Hmm...guess we'll see what comes out of his mouth when he's older.

Our family at our first Thanksgiving together. You'd think the difficult part of this picture would be to get the baby to look somewhere near the camera. But no, we tried five times, and Jonathan's eyes were closed every single time. I think it might be something genetic because Anna has this difficulty as well, especially with flash pictures.
That night we did Christmas with this side of the family at Mama Jo and Granddaddy's house. We had exchanged names, so each person got one gift.

I was trying to be very diplomatic and sentimental and make everyone open their gift one at a time. Jonathan got a little antsy and tried to move the process along by opening my gift for me. I lovingly told him, "Back off, bub. Why don't you take some pictures or something?"
I was trying to be very diplomatic and sentimental and make everyone open their gift one at a time. Jonathan got a little antsy and tried to move the process along by opening my gift for me. I lovingly told him, "Back off, bub. Why don't you take some pictures or something?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment