Friday, November 02, 2007

Born an Adult

We actually are bringing to you a blog not about Josiah - shocking, I know, and perhaps a bit disappointing for some. Jonathan's parents are in town and brought down a letter that an old friend had discovered. Jonathan had written this man (the father of someone in Jonathan's dad's previous congregation) a thank you note for giving him $5. We thought it was hilarious and also provided numerous insights into Jonathan's personality.

Note: Jonathan is 11 years old when he wrote this, and I have done absolutely no editing to it.(It is, as far as I can see, grammatically flawless.)

Mr. Wheeler,
Thank you for the five dollars. I imagine I get more money given to me than most kids because of my father’s occupation, but still it isn’t often it happens anyways. I’ve put it in the bank for safekeeping and interest, and soon you will have given me more than five dollars. Thank you again, and I hope you’ve enjoyed your holidays.
Your friend,
Jonathan Moseley

1 comment:

The Hunts said...

It is indeed an great insight. I try to imagine Tripp, who is 11 at the moment, writing anything so well thought out or gracious. It doesn't imagine well. :)