Monday, October 01, 2007

Meeting More Family

I think that "meeting family" is going to be an ongoing blog topic for us. Jonathan said the other day, "I feel like we're a museum or something." As in a Josiah museum. But we're happy to be that. Maybe we should start charging an entry fee or something...all proceeds would go to funding his education.

Anyways, on Sunday my parents, my cousin Ryan and his wife/my good friend Susan came over from Atlanta. We went to church together and then just hung out with Josiah. Mom even brought over a meal for us, and they all helped us out by doing some things around the house. What a blessing! Here are some pictures:

The star of the show

With Ryan

It was a sweet moment introducing them to Josiah. Susan cried, then Mom cried, then I got weepy-eyed. Then Josiah cried because he was starving (or maybe I misread his cues, maybe he was emotional as well).

This picture is hysterical because Josiah had just let a loud movement rip into his diaper. Ryan was surprised/impressed, and Josiah looks like he's getting a good laugh out of it.

Hmmm... they sure look cute holding a baby. No pressure though.

Josiah also got to meet part of Jonathan's side of the family. Great Uncle Jim stopped by to meet him as well. They live in Birmingham, but he hasn't had a chance to meet the little guy yet. Uncle Jim is a stitch. He told me to tell Jonathan that he likes to think of Josiah's birth as "as close to immaculate conception as possible." Uncle Jim really likes to rag on his nephew.


Hanging with GP


And playing with Mimi



Hey Nat, recognize those overalls? He looked super-cute in them, ready to be a country boy and pick some butter beans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, he looks good on you, Susan!

kristen said...

Ryan and Susan look good with babies... ;)

Call me, LL! This week is pretty decent for us and next week I have OFF and I want to hang out, you are welcome to come over, or we'll come by, or meet you anywhere... :)