Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Baby Story

Sheesh.
I've never been much of a crier. Though marriage and growing up have gradually made me more of one (in a good way), I'm still not an emotional, watch-a-sappy-movie crier.
But watching TLC's A Baby Story just kills me. I used to watch Wedding Story pretty often in high school/college, but never cared much for the baby show...until recently. I watched one episode pretty early on in pregnancy, probably around 8 weeks or so. I was on the treadmill in my parents' basement and totally shocked myself. When the baby came out on the show, I just uncontrollably lost it. I didn't even feel it coming on...all of a sudden I gasped and bawled - just for a minute.

Well, I just watched my second episode and thought by now I would be more emotionally prepared. Nope, lost it again. Totally uncontrollable. Jonathan and I have discussed how we don't even know what our emotions are going to be like or how much we're going to love this little one until he gets here. I mean, can anyone really be prepared for that moment? But my primal reaction to seeing someone else's child for the first time is giving me a little hint of how I'm going to feel. We'll see how much I lose it after delivery.

No comments: