Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Updates

Just thought I'd send a few updates about what's going on with us.
  • We were originally under the impression that Jonathan would start work July 1, but found out last week that he would actually start a week earlier than that. So that pushed some plans we had, but most stuff got done. So he started on Sunday. His first day was 7 a.m.-10:30 p.m., but yesterday was much easier. He was home by 1:30 (in the afternoon).

  • We visited Jonathan's grandparents in Montgomery. It's nice to be so close to them! We came back laden with peaches from the curbside market and tomatoes from Granddaddy Moseley's garden (soooo good...). I'll be having tomato sandwiches and BLTs for lunch all week. Jonathan's granddad eats them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks. When we were picking them together, he kept commenting "All this needs is a little salt..."

  • I went to my first doctor's appointment with my new OB here in Birmingham. He was very nice and spent a lot of time chatting with me. It's a small practice, so he should be the one to actually deliver our baby. We had our FIFTH ultrasound - how blessed are we? He has the cutest little cheeks and nose. And he's on track to be big. They said he is over 4 lbs. already. Both Jonathan and I were bigger babies, so I wasn't anticipating small.

  • This was a fun little first. Jonathan mowed his own lawn (not his parents', his own lawn) for the first time on Saturday. We had some stubborn and unyielding vines in one part, but Jonathan showed them who was boss. There is still a lot of work to do, but we're under water restrictions here, so we probably won't do any planting this year.

2 comments:

kristen said...

I just ate a peach for breakfast -- SO GOOD!

Cutch said...

I demand to see Ultrasound pictures. I know that Birmingham has scanners.