Monday, June 04, 2007

Providence Baby Shower


My communications gals threw a shower for me and Baby Boy Moseley with all the Providence ladies. It was a sweet time as this group of women has become so dear to me over the past four years. I've admired each one's faith and service to the Lord. They've encouraged me, and I know being around them has helped prepare me for motherhood.

Part of the spread included nuggets from Chick-fil-A. These girls know me well!
Laura made this awesome baby carriage cake. She's a perfectionist and said there were flaws, but it looked pretty perfect to me. Laura and I have seen each other almost every weekday for the past four years, so it will be strange adjusting to life without her!
We played fun games. Lindsey (in the front) rocked both the baby animals game and the word scramble game (making new names out of the letters in Jonathan's and my names). After the latter, we're seriously considering Raul.
Hannah came to my party! She really was happier than this most of the time. During the baby animals game, she entertained us by telling us what sounds each of the animals made.
Here's Kristie writing down the gifts. She's my boss and helped throw the shower. Thanks Kristie! Behind her is a poster collage that the sweet people at Graphics Ink made me. I work with them on the magazine and the bulletin, and they all came to my shower. They presented me with this framed poster of the magazine covers I had worked on with them - it was so touching.
I feel like there is something UNC in each blog entry. Lian and her daughter Marissa made this fun blanket for our little boy.
Kristie found these Peep puzzles for me! I mean, for the baby.

It's not a party till you wear something on your head.


Natalie made this awesome card - Prayers for Baby Moseley. She made it previously for Janie. It has a Bible verse for each body part. For example, the one pointing to the heart is "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10).

No comments: