Thursday, June 14, 2007

Occupation?

Well Jonathan and I had lots of government "adventures" (i.e. frustrations) over the last two days, but we finally got our driver's licenses and tags; we're officially Alabamians. We had to re-read Romans 14 to remind ourselves to be grateful for the governing authorities.

The poignant part for both of us, after we finally made it to the front of the driver's license line, came when they asked us our occupation. I was a little stunned when I had to answer "homemaker." Jonathan sympathized: "I had to answer physician." It's a strange identity change for both of us...

We're at the beach for a few days with the Pages. I forgot the camera at home, unfortunately, so probably no pictures. Sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Moe's,

So glad to hear that all has gone well with your move! It seems like no matter where you are in the world there is always the bueracracy to deal with. But we rejoice with you that you got it all taken care of! We are so excited for you guys as you set out on this new adventure in your lives! We think of you guys often!

Love,
the McD's (i.e. J and G)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, this time next year you can fill that line with "human napkin"
:)