Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Ryan and Susan's Wedding

April 21 was a very special day for our family. My dear cousin Ryan, who is kind of like a brother to me, married Susan Hauser, a dear friend of both of Jonathan and mine from college (and one of my bridesmaids). It's a crazy, yet so sweet, way that the Lord worked to bring these two together. We were doubly blessed on this day to have a close friend married into the family and a cousin married to a woman who we knew of her godly character so well before they even met.

Here are a few pictures of the big day. Unfortunately they are not comprehensive at all. Hopefully soon I can post some more!

The beautiful, stunning, gorgeous bride and the pregnant bridesmaid who fit into the dress by the slimmest of margins!

My sister-in-law Rachel, my cousin Jaclyn (Ryan's sister), Suz and me. Suz and Rachel were good buddies in college too, and Susan and Ryan actually re-met at Parker (my brother) and Rachel's wedding (thanks to Jaclyn, to whom they owe everything :)
Is anyone confused yet?


This one is a little simpler: Jonathan and me and my brother Parker and his wife Rachel. The UNC InterVarsity connections ran here too though. Rachel and I were pals in college. I introduced her to the Clef Hangers, and she led the Bible study I attended my senior year. Jonathan led Parker's Bible study his freshmen year. Jonathan and I both led Bible studies with Susan. And now we're all one big happy family.
(Now how does Kevin Bacon fit into all this? No, it's gotta be your bull.)

A few more fun facts (sorry we missed our toast at the rehearsal dinner, so I'm getting this all out of my system):
-Ryan was the first person the bring me to church when I came to UNC.
-He was also the first person to tell me that picking my nose in public was bad. (Parker must not have been there.) I'm glad I had a cousin to watch out for me...
-Susan was one of the first people to know that Jonathan was going to propose to me. He recruited her help in choosing a ring, and she had to keep it a secret for at least a week or two.
-Susan and our friend Megan were secretly present when Jonathan came to pick me up for our first date. They had come over to do hair and make-up, and when Jonathan came by, they hid on top of our washer and dryer in the apartment.

No comments: