Thursday, July 05, 2012

Museums With Friends


We got a lovely, unexpected call from friends from our med-school days, Jamie and Caron, asking if we wanted to meet them at the Schiele Museum in Gastonia. We had no plans, and we missed these precious friends! What a great opportunity!

The museum was a natural history museum, and I'm not sure I'd make the trek there again, but the company couldn't be beat. The kids romped around while we caught up on life. 

This past week, we trekked to Winston-Salem to visit our buddies Tonya and Mattie. We went to SciWorks, and it was a GREAT museum, that I would recommend. Lots of interactive, educational exhibits for kids and some outdoor fun as well. Above, Micah is "fishing" and below, Mattie and Josiah are doing a full-body teeter totter. 
 

Josiah in the BodyWorks section, getting eaten by a giant! Ah! 

Did I mention that our Catawba Science Center membership got us into all these museums because they participated in the reciprocal membership program? Hurray!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: