Thursday, September 01, 2011

Superhero Academy: Part 2


The next characteristic of being a superhero that the kids needed to develop was super strength. I made a barbell out of a wrapping paper tube and two bouncy balls from the dollar store. It looked a lot better when we had just super-glued it, but it fell apart the day of the party, so we had to go to duct tape.

To increase the believability, I asked big, strong Mr. Jonathan if he could lift it. He tried his hardest, but it wouldn't budge!

Even strong, Mr. Joshua tried, but he couldn't either!

I can't believe it either!

It turns out you needed a superhero cape to lift it.

So proud! (Wish I'd chosen a longer shirt for the party)

Gareth upped the ante by going one-handed.



Mattie didn't buy into this activity. She and one other little girl felt the need to let me know that it was just made of balls :) Wonder if that's a developmental thing or a personality thing?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: