Sunday, July 10, 2011

Trip to Grandfather Mountain

After we got back from Montgomery, we packed up again and went to Linville to visit Uncle Rusty at his beautiful home. His neighborhood has a great lake/beach area that Josiah enjoyed. The next day we checked out Grandfather Mountain.

At the Nature Center

River Otters

A cinnamon black bear.

So close, yet so safe.

I was pretty much a walking advertisement for Ergo. That thing is comfortable! Seriously, I had at least three parents ask me about it. I hauled Micah around for nearly 3 hours and was never in pain. Micah took a great nap, so clearly he was comfortable too.

Josiah trotting along what turned out later to be a rather daring, and long, trail for a nearly 4-year-old. He was a trooper! It was lots of fun exploring nature, learning about moss and seeing snails.

My little hikers. Daddy helped more with Josiah once the trail got a little rocky and steep.



At the top. I was a little baffled because Josiah's courage was clearly tested on on the steeper parts of the trail, but he didn't blink an eyelash crossing that bridge. Meanwhile, Mama's knees are knocking being a mile up in the air on a swaying bridge! Fears are very individual, aren't they?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: