Monday, March 14, 2011

Rachel's Baby Shower

This weekend we headed to Atlanta for a baby shower for Rachel. Did I mention that they're expecting a little girl on May 1? Did I mention how excited I am about having a niece? And that Rachel and Parker are going to be the most amazing parents? Truth is, I just wasn't sure if I should blog about it yet, but now I'm ready to explode all over this post.

Susan, Jaclyn, Aunt Gail and I teamed up to throw the baby shower at Mom and Dad's church youth building. Susan is the woman when it comes to party-planning and amazing decorations and details.

How cute are these cupcakes?

I made these cookies as party favors. I learned a few things to improve along the way, but I'm pretty happy with how they came out overall.

Continuing the bird theme with the table decorations.



Susan did this cute branch with baby pictures of Parker and Rachel tied with ribbon.

I made these cute nests (the recipe was essentially Rice Krispie treats with chow mein noodles instead of cereal). Susan did the adorable name tags.

We had guests sign a storybook, "Oh the Places You'll Go!" as a guest book.



The hostesses with the Mama of honor (she's the one in the middle; you can't even tell she's pregnant straight on, but her little bump is adorable. I'm sure the baby inside is even cuter.)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

cyndy said...

I LOVE the shower ideas, but I LOVE the fact that this was for Rachel (and Parker, wink) even more! I am so excited for them. And the last picture makes me feel like a WHALE already at only 13 weeks. Rachel looks amazing!

Megan said...

So cute!