Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Oh the Weather Outside Is Frightful...

I took a few pictures of Josiah playing outside last week, thinking I might get a cute Christmas portrait. Not really, but I did capture some things I want to remember.

It had just rained, so that means we hunted for worms. Most of the time Josiah plays a little too rough with his worm friends and kills them, but this one was already dead.

He likes to name them, and one time we even let him take one in the car with him. Yes, I have a little boy. If he looses it, he wanders around asking, "Where my wam go?"

Adorable. I just have to Photoshop out the car in the background.

Josiah's big thing the last few weeks has been getting out his phone and having Mom or Dad talk to his train friends. He hands it to us and says "It's Skarloey." or "It's Arthur." Sometimes he wakes up from his nap asking for his phone. Today he wanted to chat with the trains himself. Phone in one hand, worm in the other. We picked up the phone at my grandmother's; she removed the battery from one of her old ones.

These would be so cute if they were in focus!


Josiah's favorite thing to do outside is race. Momma races one cart, and he uses the other. He even scolds me if I try to just use one hand. Yes, I am willing to look very awkward to play with my son.

2 comments:

Pa Page said...

Great pictures. They made it to the desktop.

The Hunts said...

oh our worm friends make great sacrifices at our house too. and so does my flower bed.
love y'all! what a good boy mama you are!