I thought I'd post a few prayer requests for this week.
First, Jonathan is taking his Step 3 tests, so he can be officially licensed. It's a two-day long test, so pray for strength and wisdom for him.
Second, I'm helping lead in Rock the Block this week, our church's version of VBS. I've never taught children before, and I'm a little nervous, but know that God will has called me and thus will equip me. I'll be teaching a lesson, sharing the Gospel (twice) and sharing my testimony. And, of course, the normal crafts and games. Pray that my team and I would love the kids (and not be overly concerned about schedules and such), that the children would be receptive to the Gospel, and that we wouldn't bake in the 100-degree temps forecasted this week.
Just a little background: Our church decided to do VBS different this year. Instead of bringing all the children to the church building, we're taking the church (the body of Christ) to them. So we'll be meeting all around Birmingham in backyards and community centers. It's a long story, but our pastor strongly believes that what the church does here in the U.S. should be able to be replicated by the church anywhere in the world. So churches who don't have the financial resources or who meet in areas less open to the Gospel would still be able to use this model. No decorations or choreographed dance numbers, just the Gospel, Bibles, some crayons, goldfish, freeze tag and Simon Says. Another goal of doing it this way is that the host homes will be able to meet the parents/their neighbors, and this would in turn be a platform for starting a small group Bible study or at least developing friendships.
Pray also for Josiah who will have a four long mornings in the nursery.
I know that was a long picture-less post, but we'd really appreciate your prayers this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment